Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Red Quinoa Zucchini Burgers


Vegetarian Times Red Quinoa Zucchini Burgers
The great thing about veggie burgers is that there are so many varieties.  No two are alike.  I have made many and I have my favorites, but am always looking for something new and different.  Vegetarian Times magazine had an article on the ultimate veggie burgers in their most recent issue (July/August 2014).  I took note of this particular veggie burger when I saw that it had zucchini in it.  Perfect timing for this week's box!  If you still have your zucchini use it here.  You only need about half of the zucchini to make 1 cup grated.  If not, you can substitute the yellow squash if you still have that.  I still had both so I used the zucchini and then roasted the yellow squash (with olive oil, salt, and pepper at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes).  I rounded out the meal with some CRO potatoes, cut up, tossed with olive oil, salt, and pepper, roasted at 425 for 25 minutes and then, when cool, I mixed them with a couple of tablespoons each of chopped dill, yellow onion, celery and vegan mayonnaise.    Here is a link to the recipe Vegetarian Times Red Quinoa Zucchini Burgers


Notes on making these burgers:
-prep all of your other ingredients while the quinoa and potatoes are cooking.
-use a standing mixer if you have it to mash the chick peas first (at very low speed  - this may take several minutes).  Then add all the other burger ingredients. 
-the burgers will hold together more easily if you chill the mixture for at least an hour first.

No comments:

Post a Comment