Sunday, July 27, 2014

It Might Not Look Pretty...

It might not look pretty, but this was excellent.  I decided to make the spaghetti squash the centerpiece for a meal but wondered what else to mix it with.  I found a recipe online that I adapted slightly.  I am simply going to post the link and note here the changes I made:

- I cut the squash in half BEFORE cooking.  Then I scooped out the seeds, placed in a baking dish with one inch of water in the bottom cut side down, and baked for 15 minutes at 400 until fork tender.
- I added 1/2 cup raisins with the chick peas.
- I used only 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes.
- I didn't know what "Aleppo chili flakes" were so I used crushed red chili peppers.

Aside from these changes, I followed this recipe: Curried Spaghetti Squash with Chickpeas and Kale Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment